Integrating sensing, computing, and energy storage, SACL looks to pave the way to a future of intelligent multifunctional structural design. SACL's cutting-edge research spans from biomimetic stretchable sensor networks to structurally integrated Lithium-ion batteries — enabled by blending expertise from areas such as composite design, composite manufacturing, optimization, microfabrication, machine learning, and more. SACL strives to enhance safety, performance, reliability, and sustainability of vehicles (ground, air, and space) and design methods, prototypes, and tools to transform current technologies.
Check out our Research tab for an overview of current projects!
- Multifunctional Structures
- Intelligent Structures
- Stretchable Sensor Networks
- Structurally Integrated Lithium-ion Batteries
- State Estimation
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Battery Health Monitoring
- Electrochemical and Mechanical Interaction